Fluffy Japanese Pancakes
Japanese take pancakes to new heights. Think cottony clouds of heaven that melt in your mouth!
They are fluffy, airy, delicate pancakes that probably look too fancy for a weekday breakfast, but impossible to resist making on the weekend. These pillowy, soft pancakes are a must-try.
• 2 large eggs (egg whites separated from the yolks)
• 60 ml milk
• 20 ml yogurt
• 20 gr sugar
• 15 gr vanilla powder
• 20 gr sugar (for the egg whites)
• pinch of salt
• 1 tbsp oil
• 40 gr whole wheat flour
• 1 tsp baking powder
1. In a large bowl put the yolks and add milk, yogurt, sugar, vanilla powder, salt and oil. Wisk everyting well. Then add the flour and baking powder and wisk again.
2. In another bowl put the egg whites and mix it for 1-2 minutes, then add the sugar and mix it for 1 minute.
3. In the mixture with yolks put the egg whites part by part not all at once.
4. Then stir carefully with spatula until the two mixtures are combined.
5. Put the pan with a little oil on low heat.
6. Then add 3 tbsp of the mixture on a heated pan and bake for 2 minutes. After that add 2 more, close it with the lid and bake for 4-5 minutes on low heat.
7. When the bottom of the pancake is done, turn it over and bake for another 4 minutes with the lid on.
8. When it’s done the pancake should be soft and fluffy.
9. I served it with melted dark chocolate, frozen strawberries, banana and coconut flakes.