Apple Cinnamon Rolls
Apple Cinnamon Pastries. The perfect Morning Breakfast Idea. Simple to do, and can be made ahead and baked!
If you ask me, there’s no better way to enjoy an apple than to toss it with some cinnamon sugar and bake it up into a flakey Apple Cinnamon Pastry. What could be better?!
Guests are always impressed by these because they look very complicated but truth be told are super simple to make. The in-laws would be very impressed 🙂
DO YOU NEED TO PEEL THE APPLE?
I say no! There’s a lot of pectin in the apple skin which adds to the syrupy consistency in the filling once those apples are baked. So I leave the skin on. I also find it’s so much quicker and easier to keep the skin on, so why go through that extra step if you don’t have too.
CAN YOU MAKE APPLE CINNAMON PASTRIES AHEAD OF TIME?
Yes! That’s why I love this recipe because it can all be made the day before, placed in the fridge or freezer, and baked the day of your party. No need to defrost either!
APPLE CINNAMON PASTRIES
Servings: 8 SERVINGS
Prep time: 1 HOUR
Cook time: 30 MINUTES
Total time: 1 HOUR 30 MINUTES
– 2 tbsp sugar
– 1/2 tsp cinnamon
– 3 medium sized shredded apples, skin on (to preserve the pectin)
– 2 tbsp of oil and 3 tbsp of sparkling water
– 1/2 package of store-bought phyllo pastry (6 sheets)
1. Pre-heat oven to 400F (200C)
2. In a small bowl combine the sugar with the cinnamon and set aside.
3. In a medium-sized bowl add the apples, the cinnamon, combine well and set aside.
4. Mix 2 tbsp of oil and 3 tbsp of sparkling water in a small pot
5. Place 1 sheet and brush it off with the oil-water mixture, than place the second sheet and again brush it off with the oil-water mixture, same with the third sheet.
6. Than add half of the apple-cinnamon mixture in a straight line and roll it a little, than take the edges and curve them inwards so the apple doesn’t spill out and keep rolling until you get a nice roll.
7. Repeat the same procedure with the remaining 3 sheets and the remaining apple-cinnamon mixture.
8. These can all be made in advance, wrapped tightly with foil and popped in the fridge or freezer until ready to be baked.
9. Bake for 30-35mins, depending on it they were frozen or not, if frozen will take the full 35 mins most likely. If not 25-30 mins.
10. Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly. And than cut the rolls in 4 smaller rolls to get 8 apple-cinnamon rolls